- Purchased: January 9th, 2001
- Location: Boulder, CO
- 289 cid V-8
- 3-speed manual transmission
- CD player + rear speakers
- Crager wheels (235/60 R 14)
- New exhaust system (dual 2 1/2" - dunno what mufflers)
Modifications I've Made
Note: As soon as I get a camera, I'm going to start taking pictures as I do the mods, and then put them
up on a page with some notes. Who knows, maybe they'll help somebody...
- New rear suspension (4 1/2 leaf Magna springs, Magna gas shocks)
- seatbelts (very important)
- new steering wheel & horn assembly
- Pertronix electronic ignition & Flamethower coil
- New brakes (front & rear - new drums, pads, wheel cylinders, hardware, etc..)
Future Modifications (in roughly the order I want to do them in)
- new wheels/tires - one of the Torque Thrust styles probably, and i dont yet know what size...
- new steering box (probably Total Control rack & pinion set (maybe a TC power setup, and maybe just
rebuild the current steering box)
- front suspension (springs/shocks/sway bar (I have all the parts, i just havnt put them in yet..))
- rear sway bar (i've got this too.. big package deal from Mustangs Plus)
- dual speed windshield wiper motor
- wiper fluid pump/assembly
- Bodywork/paint job
- power disc brakes (front & rear)
- air conditioning
- 5-speed manual transmission - Tremec 3550 maybe (not for awhile)
- X-pipe exhaust
- Edelbrock Performer Package: Carb, Intake Manifold, Heads, Camshaft, Timing Chain, etc.. (I don't
know if I want to do this, and build up the 289, or if I just wanna get a bigger engine first.. decisions, decisions,
- 302 or 351 cid V-8 (maybe... heh.. while I'm dreaming, how about a twin turbo setup, or a
- This car was bone stock, no options at all. I think whoever
bought this car originally was a poor college student. It
has a big engine, but the small carb, a 3-speed manual transmission,
no power steering, no power brakes, no air conditioning, no
passenger side mirror, no seatbelts, not even the day/night
adjustable rearview mirror.
- Don't forget to check out the Picture Gallery!
- If you have questions about Mustangs of any age, take a look at StangNet. Lots of good articles, and lots of helpful people in the forums.
- I get most of my parts from Mustangs Unlimited and Mustangs Plus.
- If you have any comments or suggestions about my site, let me